We unveiled the latest update Thursday night I’m still recovering. We are deep into bug hunting this beast so we can release it to everyone but until then let’s have a top secret listen to what our programmer had to say about this newest update:
Hey guys, so it’s finally here the long awaited Build that marks our biggest milestone to date. It’s been a crazy ride so far but now that you guys are about to test and debug the game, we are about to start making PWX very interesting. Long hours of hard work is in this build from everyone on the team, so hopefully you guys and enjoy and give feedback on everything from art, animation, feature or anything that you feel should be improved on. So here is my list of the new changes to the build:
- New Game Intro. When you first start up the game you will notice there is a new introduction to PWX with a couple of placeholder Artwork, built o the basis of the final push to polish the GUI for 1.0 from Eric.
- New Game Menu. Copied directly the layout of Eric sample wireframes from way back, and also added a few new things.
- Match Setup is where you set certain parameters for the upcoming match
- Match Presets are the matches you choose to compete with your opponent. Certain match types changes depending on available wrestlers in the match
- Ring Select is the usual setup, just choose you ring and proceed to the next screen
- Character Select has a new face lift for the better, thanks to Eric for his layout to inspire this new look. With each wrestler you select, you will notice the bio of the wrestler change depending on the setting of what you have set in the edit mode. From height, weight, name and even country. Later will be added win/loss and overall Ranking to decide if that character is eligible for a title make or entering a tournament.
- After you have chosen your wrestler and opponent, you now have a new feature of choosing your Arena. I’ve improved the PWX classic arena to better fit the new set designed. The preview picture doesn’t even come close to capture how these arenas look in game
- Ring Editor has a new face lift for this build, that overall in my opinion looks way more flashier than the old. typical arena it once was before
- Options now include volume sliders that controls volumes from scene to scene. Now long the need for switches, you can now set the volume to what you feel more comfortable with. Options auto save each time you exit the screen.
- -Added new and improved CAW Mode. This mode is completely rewritten from ground up. Everything is new from the layout, navigation and new features. In the first menu, choose a wrestler to edit or create a new wrestler from scratch with an caw empty slot. I have programmed 150 caw saves in code, but for now I want to test out the features and correct any bugs before expanding to the current available slots. You can now change the height, weight country and even the theme of your caw in the profile section. Navigate over and change each settings. The new and improved body morph feature is located in the body category, adjust the slider to your liking, new fat, muscle and even skinny modes are possible with these new sliders. When in appearance category, you can now expand the list of available items to add to you CAW. Movelist is a new feature for you to assign taunts, grapples strikes and more to your character movelist. After you are content with your creation you can no save the selected wrestler to its available slot.
- Entrances now included. Entrance attire that is assigned to your caw in edit mode
- Added new ground grapple Knee to Arm for Face Down opponents
- Added new ground grapple Knee Lift for Face Down opponents
- Fixed bug for not being able to pick up opponent while on platforms
- Added new Angled Ramp for variety of Ramps
- Added new RagDoll camera
- Added the ability to rollover opponents when on ground with the LB button
- Added Themes to be played after you win the match
- MATCH Added, “HIAC” but renamed to to Chambers of Hell due to copyright. You start out in the ring in the beginning of the match, you can then send your opponent to the outside and Irish whip your opponent into the cage door on each side until it eventually breaks. When the door breaks you are free to roam to the outside. To climb cage, you simply walk over to cage and press the RB button to climb the cage until you reach the top. While on top, you have multiple options, you can slam your opponent on the steel mesh or even toss your opponent over the edge of the cage that triggers a sick rag doll dive. You can also break multiple panels on the top of the cell. When enough damage is done, eventually the panel will break and your opponent with fall to its destruction, but be careful because if you are too close to the edge of the panel that is broken you will also fall from way high. Simple pin your opponent to win the match when he can no longer kick out of pin
- New Match Added Scaffold. You first start in the ring but can exit to the outside. To climb the scaffold, use the RB button. While on scaffold, your opponent will follow you and continue to fight until someone fall to their destruction. To perform a Scaffold toss, get your opponent spirit in danger and gain a special, while in Special state grapple your opponent to perform a scaffold toss that you have assigned to your wrestler in edit mode. Once your opponent has hit the canvas from up top, you are the winner of the match.
Whew, omg that was a lot of writing guys and i know i probably forgot to mention a few things but it goes to show you how massive this update is. lol my head hurts and need to sit down and take a breather, lol. SO MUCH PASSION WENT INTO THIS BUILD. We need to polish and clean up this build for primetime, so whatever feedback you guys have please let me hear it so that we can set this game on fire. I hope you guys enjoy and let me know what you think.
We have a LOT to test and then we can get this update to you guys. THANK YOU!!
See the new update in action in this Twitch replay:
In the meantime and in between time, that's it, another edition of Wrestling Gamers United.