So far so good
Thank you everyone! It’s been just over a week now and so far reviews are mostly positive and we’re getting a lot of really good feedback. Not just bug reports but ideas on where to take the game next and help shaping updates.
I have to say, I fully understand how early of a build we went to Early Access with and you guys have all been very very generous with your feedback. Out job now is to simply keep updating and building, building, building. On that note…
Our first update is well under way. Here is what our lead programmer had to say when he broke everything down recently:
- Analytics integration – kind of minor, but don’t really like what we’re getting in ***********- ************ gives us much better stats / info
- Input. replacing the input manager with this other system will provide us with a huge list of supported controllers
- Local two player mode – surprisingly enough, … it works pretty well considering that I haven’t been able to test it until like 5 minutes ago…. it actually works! There are a few issues – usually when conflicting events are triggered during state transitions, but nothing game breaking at all. I’m actually pretty impressed how well it holds up.
- Proper character configuration system – basically a starting point for a simple CAW system. I had started one previously but didn’t like it at all, building a new one up from scratch.
- Fixing a few of the bigger bugs that people have spotted (more of the ‘breaking the build’ version, like pressing escape during the menu etc).
Eric is pretty sure he’s sent out all keys to everyone expecting them. If you’ve thoroughly combed your inbox and still don’t see it, please hold tight. We’re working on a way to efficiently catch all of those who fell through the cracks. Thank you for your patience!
Scotty Mac is an indie wrestler who helped us out a lot in the early years. He even appeared as a playable wrestler in Uprising. He’s part of a new mockumentary project that needs votes to get off the ground. Care two swing by this link and help him like he helped us? Thanks!
In the meantime and in between time, that's it, another edition of Wrestling Gamers United.
Thank you for your support,